We are seeking an experienced, driven, highly motivated and strategically minded individual to become our Operations Manager. We are looking for someone who can work easily in a management role to ensure the smooth running and ongoing development of the organisation.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for running all the administrative functions of the charity including; HR; data management; reporting; fundraising; and monitoring and evaluation of the charity’s effectiveness. They will manage a small team including off staff as well as a team of 40 volunteers.
This role requires significant experience and knowledge in the management of all facets of charity activity, and a proven ability to liaise with people at all levels. You will need to be confident in building and maintaining relationships with external stakeholders both regionally and locally, and be commercially minded to achieve efficiency and cost effectiveness. You will have an understanding of data interpretation and how to use this to measure the impact of our work.
You will need to work effectively with the Board of Trustees and the Chair to develop strategies, policies and processes for the organisation.
Please send completed application forms to email@example.com or post to:
Telford Crisis Support
78-83 Severn Walk
The closing date for applications is Monday 29th March
Interview dates to be confirmed
- Experience of working with disadvantaged groups and individuals
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage and respond to unexpected issues
- Competent in the use of IT applications
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interpret data and produce clear summaries
- Willingness to work flexibly
- Ability to manage staff and volunteers
- An understanding of and ability to promote equality and diversity
- An understanding of and the ability to promote the use of and importance of our safeguarding policies.
- Responsible for ensuring the highest standards of compliance in relation to the law governing the handling, processing and transportation of food and general health and safety practice.
- Valid clean driving license
- Willing to undertake DRB check
- Experience of working across multiple sites
Previous experience in a customer services role
Preferably a level 3 qualification in management or team leading
Experience of leading a team
Good standard of English and maths
1. Ensure that the Charity’s policies are fully developed, embedded and operational
2. Establish TCS as the recognised hub of crisis relief in Telford and Wrekin including effective working relationships with stakeholders corporate businesses and the Telford Crisis Network .
3. Contribute to the development and delivery of the strategic objectives of the Charity in collaboration with the Trustees.
4. Ensure adequate supplies of food stocks are maintained through meaningful collaboration with corporate, public and community stakeholders.
5. Development of project marketing and media campaigns to increase brand awareness and profile
6. Ability to work systematically to agreed guidelines in the absence of close supervision
7. Lead and manage – motivate and develop paid and TCS volunteers to continually deliver high levels of performance via clear communication and regular reviews
8. Maintain current risk management and current H&S policies.
9. Prepare and deliver presentations to external audiences
10. Maintain website and domain security
11. Ensure all records and data are effectively collated, stored and securely maintained in line with GDPR requirements
12. Any other duties commensurate to the role
Please email completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 04/03/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: To be negotiated
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday