A standard driving licence is all you need to deliver our food once or twice a week to our designated collection and distribution points across Telford and Wrekin. We have the van, we just need you!
What will I be doing?
• You will be the vital link between us and the groups, getting the food to where it’s needed
• Dropping off the daily parcels and collecting any donations with the help of a Driver’s Assistant
• You’ll be the friendly face of TCS interacting with the wider crisis network of agencies that may include schools, community centres, charities and local businesses
• Working with other volunteers to load up the van with daily deliveries before you head out
• A clean standard driving license
• Confident to drive a medium-sized van (experience is preferable)
• Good at map reading and able to use a Sat Nav system
• Positive, friendly and personable, interacting well with different people
• Able to perform physical tasks including lifting and loading
• You must be 25 or over to drive the van
• Active and sociable role, building relationships directly with the groups we support
• Gain a variety of skills such as route planning, organising and communication skills
• Working reference available after 3 months in the role
• You will directly ensure that individuals and families receive their emergency food parcels