Payroll Giving

‘Give as you Earn’

With Payroll Giving (also known as workplace giving) you’re providing charities with a regular income, to allow them to plan ahead and budget for the future.

Donations are taken before tax, which means the charity gets more of your donation and it costs you less. It also means that charities don’t have to claim Gift Aid, so there’s less admin for them – and they can get on with supporting their beneficiaries.

You can give to any organisation recognised as charitable by HMRC.

Watch the short video to find out more about Payroll Giving.


Basic rate tax payers

If you pay the basic tax rate, for every £1 that you earn, 20p is paid in tax. If you pledge £10 a month, we receive the full amount but only £8 will be deducted from your net pay.

Higher rate tax payer

If you pay income tax at the higher rate of 40%, if you pledge £10 a month, only £6 would be deducted from your net pay, and at the super rate of 50% only £5 would be deducted.

It is more efficient for higher rate taxpayers to donate through Payroll Giving than Gift Aid as charities are unable to claim back tax above the basic rate through the Gift Aid scheme.
The Income Tax applicable to the donation is paid to Telford Crisis Support instead of the Inland Revenue.

Example of pledges and costs

Employee Pledge                                                          Cost to standard rate
taxpayer (20%)                                                                        
Cost to higher rate
taxpayer (40%)                                           
Cost to super rate
taxpayer (50%)                                    
 £5 per month  £4  £3  £2
£10 per month £8 £6 £5
£15 per month £12 £9 £7.50

Make a donation

Click on the button to support us today!Make sure to check with your HR department to make sure that your company offers Payroll Giving. If they do, they will arrange your donation through your salary for you.

If your circumstances change and you no longer wish to donation simply tell your employer. If you change your job, you donations will not be transferred to your new employer, you will need to start a new Payroll Giving scheme.