ASDA have kindly awarded us an opportunity to secure some much-needed funding?
£ 500 would be amazing, we would like to use this to buy a range of toiletry items, including soap, deodorant, sanitary pads, which we have just run out of.
Having these available is so important to us, no one should have to choose between personal hygiene and feeding themselves or their family.
Please vote for us and help us secure the money to make a difference to those in need in Telford & Wrekin.
Thank you, everyone.
There are no specific criteria to be met when requesting school uniform assistance.
Clothing will be mainly pre-loved (supplied laundered).
TCS will endeavour to supply as complete a uniform as possible based on availability at the time of the request.
All requests are on a first come first serve basis.
TCS will endeavour to meet additional requests for clothing support, related to sports equipment for example, but are unable to guarantee supply of these items.
One submission per child is required
School Uniform Drop-off Points.
More locations will be confirmed soon.
(check opening times before travelling)
Mobile drop-off and pop-up times TBC
CLOTHING BANK COORDINATOR – 12 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT
TCS is an independent charity providing emergency food and essential clothing items for Babies & Children to Families in need within the Telford area.
TCS Clothing Bank aims to support parents and families struggling to meet the financial and practical burden of providing essential baby items, school uniforms, and children’s Winter wear.
To help us deliver the clothing project, we are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, smart, empathetic individual to join our existing team of staff and volunteers.
The individual must possess the following Skills & Qualities.
- A passion and drive to fulfil TCS mission statement
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both written and verbally
- Ability to coordinate and manage the life cycle of the clothing listed above
- Ability to keep an up-to-date inventory of clothing Items
- Ability tofacilitate the various deliverables within a given time scale
- Ability to manage and maintain items donated by the public
- Ability to liaise with both professional health teams and local support workers, our current staff and volunteer team
- Ability to embrace team working and the capacity to work flexibly within the TCS team
- Ability to be highly organized, efficient, and proactive and to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within and recognize our current health & safety regs
- Ability to adhere to and recognize the importance of our safeguarding policies
- Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and detail
- Ability to manage and work in a demanding role
- Some occasional weekend work is required during Summer School Holidays
- Must be computer literate with keyboard skills ensuring accurate database entries within GDPR compliance.
Hours of Work 20 per week
Salary £9.50 hour
Location TCS Office (TF7)
Further details and an application pack for the post can be obtained from the Operations Manager Simon Lellow
Or via post:
78-83 Severn Walk, Sutton Hill, Telford TF7 4AS
Or call 01952 586646
The closing date for applications noon Monday 9 August 2021
Interview dates to be confirmed.
Telford Crisis Support is an Equal Opportunities employer
Our “big white van” got a makeover this week, a newly updated livery has been added (the keen-eyed may notice there’s room for adding another email address, more news coming soon!)
Sending a big thank you to Matt @Partridge_Opt for sponsoring the van and a shout out to our own Debbie, for creating and fitting it.
Another busy month for the team at TCS, a big thank you to all those who support us, so we are able to keep providing this vital service to those in need throughout Telford and Wrekin.