At peak times of the year such as Harvest Festival or Christmas, the volume of our weekly collections increases meaning we need all hands on deck! In this role, we’d expect you to head out with our drivers for a day on the road making deliveries of food to charities like community centres, collecting donations from schools, churches and big offices. This really is a busy role!
What will I be doing?
• Accompany our volunteer drivers to deliver and collect food
• Help load and unload the vans
• Be an extra pair of hands helping the driver with navigation, route planning and timing
• Good at map reading and able to use a Sat Nav system
• Able to perform physical tasks including lifting and loading
• Positive, friendly and personable, able to interact well with different people
• Adaptable – managing collections can be unpredictable so day to day tasks can vary
• Active and sociable role
• Gain a variety of skills such as route planning, organising and communication skills
• Working reference available after 3 months in the role