Telford Crisis Support is committed to minimizing the impact of its activities on the environment wherever it is practicable to do so.
The key elements of our strategy to achieve are summarised as follows:
- Minimise waste by evaluating, monitoring, and improving operational activities with the aim of making them as efficient as practicable.
- Minimise emissions by considering the selection and use of its vehicles and the way in which our premises are powered by monitoring the use of appliances, lighting, and heating.
- Actively promoting recycling wherever possible, including re-use of cardboard packaging, storage containers, and similar.
- Utilizing food surplus from suppliers in a legal, ethical, and practical way to reduce food waste.
- To project manage environmentally positive support services wherever they fit the TCS mission statement and are sustainable, this includes school uniform pre-loved service, baby/toddler clothing, and other similar projects.
TCS is currently working with Veolia through their recycling centres in our borough to reuse, recycle and repurpose unwanted household items and find them new homes.
More information on responsible waste management can be found at Telford & Wrekin Council’s website or by clicking these links:
Bins & Recycling